Recipe by WiGal
Love pattypan squash and this seasoning combination. Originally from Cooking Light. Have also stir fried it for a few minutes on stove top by putting oil in pan, mix seasoning into vegs, sautéing onion for few minutes, and adding patty pan chunks and sautéing for 3 minutes, add lemon and mint. If you overcook, the squash gets watery.
Top Review by Queen Roachie
Really good dish! I added chicken breast to sauté first, then the squash to make this a one dish meal. For my own tastes I added baby peppers and mushrooms with the squash. I cooked this on the stove top rather than grill. I love the seasoning mixture and didn't change a thing on the amounts listed. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb pattypan squash, cut in half crosswise
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients (through onion) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Thread squash and onion alternately onto each of 8 (10 inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
- Drizzle with juice.
- Sprinkle with mint.