Recipe by Sackville
I used plaice for this but for those outside the UK, any firm white fish would work fine.
Top Review by stormylee
Very nice! I used cod fillets as that's what I had on hand - not firm at all and broke down when I tried to flip them over in the frying pan, but the bits were still very tasty!! ;-) A sprinkling of lime juice really added to the taste. Served with curry potatoes and a cool yogurt sauce. Thanks Sackville!
- 2 large plaice fillets, cut in half lengthways (500-600g total)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon shichimi-togarashi, or
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil