Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I used plaice for this but for those outside the UK, any firm white fish would work fine.
- 2 large plaice fillets, cut in half lengthways (500-600g total)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon shichimi-togarashi, or
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the dry spices, salt and pepper on a plate. Lightly coat the fish fillets in the dry spice mixture.
- Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes so the spices sink inches.
- Heat a frying pan with oil and fry the fish for 1-1/2 minutes on each side.
Very nice! I used cod fillets as that's what I had on hand - not firm at all and broke down when I tried to flip them over in the frying pan, but the bits were still very tasty!! ;-) A sprinkling of lime juice really added to the taste. Served with curry potatoes and a cool yogurt sauce. Thanks Sackville!
This is an excellent fish rub! Great for a midweek fish meal. I used tilapia because that is what I had on hand. Served with a spinach salad with raspberry viniagrette. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful fish rub!Perfect spiciness to make it delicious with a pleasant heat. Served it over a bed of salad greens. Loved the combination of spices and will be making it again, thanks for sharing!