Recipe by nope
This super-easy crunchy snack reminds us of spiced nuts - perfect for the movies, a mid-afternoon snack or in place of croutons in salads.
Top Review by stgmngrjan
What a great, healthy snack. I took the note of jcmt and baked for 45 minutes, turning beans with a spatula every 15 minutes, and any longer would have resulted in burned chickpeas. I'll try cooking for a shorter time until I find what I consider perfect. I'll start doing this recipe a couple times a week, I'm sure, and I'll share these snacks with friends. Thanks much, Jan
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 31 ounces canned chick-peas
- 1 dash cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat a small pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, spices and salt and stir until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl. Add spice mixture and mix well to coat chickpeas.
- Place chickpeas on cookie sheet in a single layer and roast in oven until crunchy, checking and shaking pan twice during cooking, about 1 1/4 hours. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving. (Store any leftovers in an air-tight container.).