Recipe by Annacia
This recipe contains spices common to chai, yet is quite unique. A real eye-opener to kick start your morning.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Being the coffee lover that I am I was really excited to try this recipe. It works out so well. I used a dark roasted Sumatran coffee bean and made sure I brewed it a bit stronger than usual. With that and the addition of these wonderful spices (especially love the nutmeg!) and using 2% milk worked out to be a very enjoyable beverage. I love chai tea and love coffee more so this allows me the best of both hot beverage worlds! Thanks Annacia. Found and made during ZWT8.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 cardamom pods, slit
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 clove
- 2 cups mysore strong freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or use honey or Splenda in any amount you like )
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size pot, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in the spices, cover, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pre-brewed coffee.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk until almost boiling.
- Strain the coffee through a fine mesh strainer covered with cheesecloth into the milk.
- Add sweetener, stir, and serve in mugs.