Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the Indian way with spices. This dish is not only deliciously good for you.
Make and share this Indian-Spiced Chickpeas and Red Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of liquid.
- In a blender of food processor, puree 1 cup of chickpeas with reserved liquid until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and cook over moderately-high heat, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and garlic is golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in turmeric.
- Add chickpea puree, bell peppers and jalapenos and season with 1 tsp salt.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining chickpeas, cover and simmer until the peppers are just tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- If stew is too thick, thin with a little water.