I love the Indian way with spices. This dish is not only deliciously good for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of liquid.
- 2In a blender of food processor, puree 1 cup of chickpeas with reserved liquid until smooth.
- 3Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- 4Add onion and garlic and cook over moderately-high heat, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and garlic is golden, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Stir in turmeric.
- 6Add chickpea puree, bell peppers and jalapenos and season with 1 tsp salt.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 8Add remaining chickpeas, cover and simmer until the peppers are just tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- 9If stew is too thick, thin with a little water.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Spiced Chickpeas and Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1123.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g