Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rachael Ray 30 Minute Meal that is absolutely delicious and quick. This quickly becomes vegan if you use non-dairy yogurt and vegetable stock (chicken stock works as well). Serve with warm pita or naan bread.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt, to serve
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Grind the chickpeas and onion in a food processor. Add to pot and cook 5 minutes to sweeten onion.
- Season the chickpeas with cumin, cardamom, turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir in stock, then tomatoes. Simmer soup for 5-10 minutes to combine the flavors. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and warm pita for dipping.