I tore this out of Bon Appetit in 2004 and just ran across it tucked in a cookbook. I wanted to post so I wouldn't lose again. Original came from Indian Oven Restaurant in San Franciso.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, thinly sliced cross-wise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- lemon slice
- 1Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic. Stir for 30 seconds.
- 2Add all the bell peppers and onion and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken and all the spices to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Spiced Chicken With Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 78.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g