Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tore this out of Bon Appetit in 2004 and just ran across it tucked in a cookbook. I wanted to post so I wouldn't lose again. Original came from Indian Oven Restaurant in San Franciso.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, thinly sliced cross-wise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- lemon slice
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add all the bell peppers and onion and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and all the spices to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.
The lemon helps bring out more of the flavor (I tried it both with and without). I would make it again.