Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A small-scale recipe for two. My husband's not crazy about cinnamon, so this is cinnamon-less Indian-inspired.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain yogurt, drained
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons loosely packed chopped fresh mint or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- jasmine rice, cooked
- Remove fat from chicken; make 3 or 4 long slits in each piece to allow marinade to penetrate.
- Mix together yogurt, 1/4 cup chopped mint or cilantro, ginger, coriander, cayenne, salt and sugar. Set aside half the mixture. Add chicken to the remaining yogurt mixture; marinate 10 minutes, turning once.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet just large enough to hold the chicken. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Add onion, garlic and chicken to skillet. Brown chicken 3 minutes. Turn and brown 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium.
- Spoon reserved yogurt mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons chopped mint. Serve with jasmine rice.