Taken from Australian Food Ideas December 2006/January 2007. Recipe was originally submitted by Dominique Rizzo.
- 1 slice white bread
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, roughly chopped
- 118.29 ml mint leaf, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml ground turmeric
- 7.39 ml smoked paprika
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml coriander seeds
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 236.59 ml Greek yogurt
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml mint leaf, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- Place bread in a food processor. Processs until breadcrumbs form. Add chicken, mint, turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander seeds. Process until mixture comes together. Using 1/4 cup mixutre pet patty, make twelve 1cm thick patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Raita: - Best made for immediate use as per Jubes review.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips from cucumber. Place cucumber, yoghurt, parsley, mint, 1 teaspoon lemon rind and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve patties with normal burger fixings, using Raita as the sauce.