Recipe by tiriola
I got the basic recipe for this from La Dolce Vegan, but found it to be quite flavourless. I played around with some spices and got this recipe, which my whole family loves. Hope you like it too! This recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, ect. Do not change the resting time.
Top Review by cooking_neko83
I was making Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken (Recipe #89204) and wanted something like a tortilla for a side/vessel for the chicken. I found a tortilla recipe, but this is even better because it's so flavorful! I may never buy store-bought tortilla/flat breads ever again! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons oil (olive oil has the best taste, but use what you have)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt, cumin, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Stir in water and oil.
- Knead for 2-3 minutes, till dough is somewhat soft.
- Let sit for 25-30 minutes in a warm draft-free place.
- Divide dough into 4 balls and flatten each until 4-5 inches in diameter by hand or with a well-oiled rolling pin.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat and place one flattened ball in the pan. Do NOT use oil in the pan.
- When the dough becomes mostly translucent, flip it and cook the other side.
- When both sides are slightly browned, remove from pan and immediately spread one side of the bread with margarine. Repeat with the other 3.
- Serve hot.