Recipe by Terese
A really flavourful spicy soup. Enjoy.
Top Review by woodland hues
Sensational soup! Enjoyed immensely for a hot lunch with cheese on toast. Pureed 3/4 of soup in blender, leaving some florets intact for texture and visual appeal. Will love to make again for taste, comfort factor, and ease and speed of prep. thanks!
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons indian curry paste
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florettes (1kg)
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup natural yoghurt
- cream (to garnish)
- pappadams, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook over low heat until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add curry paste cook for 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add stock (If the stock doesn't cover the cauliflower add more water).
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before pureeing.
- (Use a hand held blender, or you can use a food processor).
- Return to the heat and stir in the yoghurt.
- Serve drizzled with cream and with pappadums.