Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really flavourful spicy soup. Enjoy.
Make and share this Indian Spiced Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons indian curry paste
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florettes (1kg)
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup natural yoghurt
- cream (to garnish)
- pappadams, to serve
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook over low heat until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add curry paste cook for 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add stock (If the stock doesn't cover the cauliflower add more water).
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before pureeing.
- (Use a hand held blender, or you can use a food processor).
- Return to the heat and stir in the yoghurt.
- Serve drizzled with cream and with pappadums.
Sensational soup! Enjoyed immensely for a hot lunch with cheese on toast. Pureed 3/4 of soup in blender, leaving some florets intact for texture and visual appeal. Will love to make again for taste, comfort factor, and ease and speed of prep. thanks!
Curry paste adds a great kick to cauliflower soup! Very tasty and turns out thick and rich - great lunch soup along with a few slices of rye bread and cheese... Yum! Thanks for sharing!