Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Spicy vegetable soup! Add shrimp to make a heartier version! You can also experiment with yogurts: greek, plain, or vanilla!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup yogurt
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat a soup pot to medium and add oil to pan. Add garam masala and cumin and stir for 30 seconds. Add garlic, onion, and cauliflower plus a good pinch of salt and some pepper. Stir regularly until onions are soft - about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and cook down for a minute or two. Add stock, cover, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until cauliflower is very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and put through blender.
- Return to pot on low heat and whisk in yogurt.
- Taste and correct for seasoning.
- Serve topped with cilantro and pepper.
Nice, but I had to add twice as much spice to get the taste right - it was far too mild initially.