Recipe by Pyramidd
Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Potatoes
Top Review by luvcook'n
I made this last night for dinner...and it is just wonderful. The only thing I changed was I omitted the cayenne and jalapenos. I used my homemade hot sauce instead. I doubled the recipe because I knew it would be good...and I wanted plan ahead for tonight!!! Thank you!
- 1 (1 3/4 lb) cauliflower, cut into 3/4-inch-wide florets
- 1 1⁄4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapenos, including seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and place a shallow baking pan on rack.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Toss cauliflower and potatoes together in a bowl with 3 tablespoons oil, cumin seeds, and1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spread in hot baking pan and roast, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and browned in spots and potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook onion, garlic, jalapeño, and ginger in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until very soft and beginning to turn golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Stir in roasted vegetables; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.