Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 3/4 lb) cauliflower, cut into 3/4-inch-wide florets
- 1 1/4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapenos, including seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Put oven rack in upper third of oven and place a shallow baking pan on rack.
- 2Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 3Toss cauliflower and potatoes together in a bowl with 3 tablespoons oil, cumin seeds, and1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4Spread in hot baking pan and roast, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and browned in spots and potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5While vegetables are roasting, cook onion, garlic, jalapeño, and ginger in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until very soft and beginning to turn golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Add ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in water, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- 8Stir in roasted vegetables; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 504.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g