1/1 Photo of Indian Spiced Cauliflower
Lightly spiced cauliflower. Great for a side dish with Tandoori chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g cauliflower (amount depends on how many people you are cooking for. If for two, use about 200-250 grams or two me)
- 1 shallot
- 1 small onion
- 50 g turmeric (or 1 small finger)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (substitute with dried chilli flakes for more heat if desired)
- 1Peel and chop Onion finely.
- 2Peel and chop Shallot finely.
- 3Dice Celery stalks.
- 4Place Shallot and onion and celery aside.
- 5Crush Garlic with large flat knife to remove skin.
- 6Finely dice Garlic.
- 7Peel the small finger of Tumeric with a veggie peeler. Be careful, as if you get Tumeric on your hands it will stain your hands yellow or orange and is hard to remove.
- 8Finely dice Tumeric.
- 9Place Tumeric, Garlic and Coriander seeds in mortar and pestle and pound until ingredients reach a paste-like state.
- 10Steam cauliflower florets in microwave safe container for 3 minutes or until soft.
- 11In the meantime, heat Ghee in frying pan.
- 12When Ghee has melted, add the Tumeric, Garlic and Coriander seed paste to the Ghee and lightly fry. This releases the fragrant smell of the ingredients, and mellows the flavour.
- 13When Ghee is lightly coloured yellow by the Tumeric, and the garlic is softened but not discoloured, add the Shallot, Onion and Celery that was set aside earlier.
- 14Fry gently, and add the dash of Cayenne pepper to taste (or dried chilli flakes if desired).
- 15When Onion and Celery is soft, clearish and lightly coloured yellow, add the steamed Cauliflower. Cauliflower should be soft enough to break up into tinier portions.
- 16Cook for about 3 minutes stirring constantly, or until the Cauliflower is yellow like the rest of the ingredients.
- 17Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Spiced Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (3666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1067.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 1108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 200.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 77.5 g
- Sugars 70.7 g
- Protein 71.3 g