Recipe by Ambervim
I love this mix of nuts with raisins. You can with this spice mix and glaze use other nuts.
- 295.73 ml raw cashews
- 118.29 ml pistachios, shelled
- 29.58 ml currants, dried (raisins ok, use more)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1.23 ml cumin, ground
- 1.23 ml coriander, ground
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 with rack in the middle.
- On rimmed baking sheet with silpat or parchment toast cashews 4 minutes, rotate and 4 more minutes.
- Add pistachios and toast 2 more minutes then move to wire rack.
- Mix the spice mix together in a bowl.
- Bring glze to a bowl over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in nuts and stir until shiny and liquid is evaporated, about 1.5 minutes.
- Put nuts and currants in spice bowl and toss well to coat.
- Put back on baking sheet to cool.