Recipe by Ambervim
I love this mix of nuts with raisins. You can with this spice mix and glaze use other nuts.
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 tablespoons currants, dried (raisins ok, use more)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 with rack in the middle.
- On rimmed baking sheet with silpat or parchment toast cashews 4 minutes, rotate and 4 more minutes.
- Add pistachios and toast 2 more minutes then move to wire rack.
- Mix the spice mix together in a bowl.
- Bring glze to a bowl over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in nuts and stir until shiny and liquid is evaporated, about 1.5 minutes.
- Put nuts and currants in spice bowl and toss well to coat.
- Put back on baking sheet to cool.