1/1 Photo of Indian-Spiced Cashews
Use as a snack when friends drop by or use to garnish a salad or curried dish. This makes a nice gift in a pretty jar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The ingredient amounts have been scaled to the new serving size. Any ingredient amounts, cooking times, and/or temperatures referenced in the directions still refer to the original serving size.
- 1On parchment paper-lined or greased rimmed baking sheet, toast cashews in 350°F (180°C) oven until fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the sugar, salt, curry powder and cumin; set aside.
- 3In saucepan, bring water, remaining brown sugar and butter to boil, stirring constantly. Add cashews, stirring to coat; simmer until no liquid remains, about 3 minutes. Add to spice mixture; toss to coat well.
- 4Spread nuts on same baking sheet; roast until coating is dry and slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool on pan on rack. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Spiced Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.8
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 1601.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 21.9 g