Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use as a snack when friends drop by or use to garnish a salad or curried dish. This makes a nice gift in a pretty jar.
- 709.77 ml unsalted cashews (about 1 lb)
- 44.37 ml packed brown sugar
- 9.85 ml sea salt or 9.85 ml pickling salt
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- On parchment paper-lined or greased rimmed baking sheet, toast cashews in 350°F (180°C) oven until fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the sugar, salt, curry powder and cumin; set aside.
- In saucepan, bring water, remaining brown sugar and butter to boil, stirring constantly. Add cashews, stirring to coat; simmer until no liquid remains, about 3 minutes. Add to spice mixture; toss to coat well.
- Spread nuts on same baking sheet; roast until coating is dry and slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool on pan on rack. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.).
I made these for a Christmas gift and they were VERY well received. Thanks so much for the great gift idea!
These are so good, we like spicy so I used spicy curry powder and some cayenne, really great recipe hon, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)
Delicious and so easy to prepare!