2 hrs 25 mins
My mother used to make a spicy beef roast but I don't know what she put in it. So, I just tried my own way of doing it and here's the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs rib roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste (see my recipe)
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili pepper flakes
- 10 dried red chilies
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1Wash meat, cut into thick slices or into 4-6 chunks.
- 2Prick meat with a fork on all sides.
- 3Using a mortar and pestle, grind the cinnamon stick, cloves, chili flakes, and dried red chilies, and pepper corns and put into a bowl.
- 4To that bowl add cinnamon powder and turmeric, ginger-garlic paste.
- 5Then grind the green chillies in mortar and pestle or chop very finely and add it to the bowl.
- 6Add the vinegar, sugar and salt to the bowl and stir well.
- 7Dredge the meat in the spice mixture and let it sit for two hours.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9In an electric frying pan, heat oil and saute onions till tender.
- 10Add meat with spices and brown for about 7-8 minutes turning once.
- 11Put half of the meat, spices and onion in a roasting pan.
- 12Put one cup of tomatoes in over it.
- 13Layer the rest of the meat on top.
- 14Add the remaining tomatoes and 2 cups of water.
- 15Bake for 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs or until roast is very tender, stirring and turning meat a couple of times during the baking process.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Spiced Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.2
- Calories from Fat 698
- Total Fat 77.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 477.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: