1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe somewhere online, printed it off, and promptly forgot the source. When I went to use it, I realized that there were a couple of rather important items referred to in the directions that weren't in the ingredients list--the butter and the sugar! So I guessed at the amounts, and if the original, correct recipe was better, then I'd like to taste it, because this version is great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes in 1-inch cubes.
- 2Boil potatoes in salted water until half-done, 8-10 minutes.
- 4Make a paste of spices (except bay leaves and red pepper), and yogurt.
- 5Toss potatoes in it to coat.
- 6Melt butter in a medium-sized, heavy dutch over or casserole.
- 7Add bay leaves and red pepper, stir over low heat for a few minutes Add sugar.
- 8Stir until sugar just begins to caramelize and turn golden.
- 9Add potatoes, stir and toss gently.
- 10Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Smothered Curried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 458.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g