1/3 Photos of Indian-Seasoned Vegetable Patties
These patties have a lovely blend of Indian spices, with a soft, almost-creamy interior and a crispy coating. You can sandwich them between burgers for a nutritious vegetarian burger, or dip them into a green chutney. I have not included it in the recipe but I really REALLY suggest adding about 1/4cup cooked soft chana dal to the patties - the firm texture of the chana against the soft texture of the patties is wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces green beans (sliced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbs of
- 4 ounces new potatoes, boiled until soft
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Steam the beans and carrots, covered, until very soft, slightly salted water. Stir occasionally and make sure there is enough water to keep them from scalding until they are tender-soft.
- 2Drain off any excess water.
- 3Combine all ingredients except oil and combine well in a food processor or mash together by hand.
- 4Taste and adjust the seasoning as per your preference. (You may add some green chillies or more garam masala if you prefer more heat, or more mango powder if you want it tangy).
- 5Divide into equal portions and shape into 3/4 inch patties, and chill for a few minutes to help them firm up better.
- 6Heat oil, add patties, and brown undisturbed for 1-2 minutes before flipping over.
- 7Cook for 1 minute periods on each side until they are crisp golden brown on the outside.
- 8If desired, garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a green dipping chutney on the side.
- 9(I have made this and included some leftover boiled mung dal in the potato mixture, which works rather well in this - I am sure any lentil would work equally great as well, it is a recommended addition).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Seasoned Vegetable Patties
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: