Entered for ZWT. From Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian." One of the simplest scrambled egg recipes in India. Usually eaten with buttered toast.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and set over medium heat.
- When hot, put in the oniona nd stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the green chile and tomato, and stir until the onion ad tomato are soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cilantro, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the eggs gently until they form thick, soft curds or are done to your taste. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
DH is a scramble egg fiend, and is always messing about with different ideas.
He does something similar to this...but he was more than happy to give this a go.
He thought that this was great....his description was...'full of different flavours'....and 'mmmmmmmm'.
I thought the colours were amazing, and would have got a photo if DH hadn't been standing ready with his fork, and fearing I was about to get stabbed, I backed off!
A sure fire hit Kate-anything that calms and satisfies a grizzly DH in the morning is a winner!
Made for PRMR.
I made this for dinner looking for something quick after a long day at work that I had everything for on hand and this really hit the spot. A great mix of flavours that made them really seem like dinner dish. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 8.
What a great way to start the morning. Especially on a slow Sunday morning. I really enjoyed the blend of herbs and vegetables, and it gave my usually bland eggs a nice boost.