Recipe by KateL
Entered for ZWT. From Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian." One of the simplest scrambled egg recipes in India. Usually eaten with buttered toast.
Top Review by Noo
DH is a scramble egg fiend, and is always messing about with different ideas.
He does something similar to this...but he was more than happy to give this a go.
He thought that this was great....his description was...'full of different flavours'....and 'mmmmmmmm'.
I thought the colours were amazing, and would have got a photo if DH hadn't been standing ready with his fork, and fearing I was about to get stabbed, I backed off!
A sure fire hit Kate-anything that calms and satisfies a grizzly DH in the morning is a winner!
Made for PRMR.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and set over medium heat.
- When hot, put in the oniona nd stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the green chile and tomato, and stir until the onion ad tomato are soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cilantro, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the eggs gently until they form thick, soft curds or are done to your taste. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.