1/2 Photos of Indian Scrambled Eggs With Onion and Tomatoes (Khichri Unda)
Entered for ZWT. From Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian." One of the simplest scrambled egg recipes in India. Usually eaten with buttered toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Put the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and set over medium heat.
- 2When hot, put in the oniona nd stir for 20 seconds.
- 3Add the green chile and tomato, and stir until the onion ad tomato are soft, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Now add cilantro, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Stir the eggs gently until they form thick, soft curds or are done to your taste. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Scrambled Eggs With Onion and Tomatoes (Khichri Unda)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 144.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g