Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lovely spicey alternative to the traditional scrambled egg. Will wake you up in the morning for sure.
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Beat the eggs, chilli flakes and pepper together.
- Gently fry the onion in the vegetable oil until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add in the turmeric powder and salt and stir fry for one minute to get rid of the powdery feel.
- Add the egg mixture into the pan and stir vigorously until you get the scrambled egg texture.
- Serve on warm toast.
This is definitely my kind of breakfast! I loved the spice of this. I used the chili flakes mentioned in the directions (vs. the chillies in the ingredient list). I added some ground coriander too. Ate with naan; very delicious.