Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Found this on side of jar, TRUE! Never had satay sauce made from apple sauce, have you? Sounded YUMMY as can be, Hope someone will try and their review we see!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (375 ml) jarsmooth applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (depending on personal taste)
- 5 cups mixed vegetables (ie Baby potatoes, beans, snow peas, carrot, onion, yellow squash, pumpkin)
- Combine first 6 items and heat, stirring until mixture comes to a boil; Simmer 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare vegetables and steam or microwave to desired crispness.
- Mix sauce throughout veggies and enjoy!
- It couldn't be any easier than this!
Really good, and so simple, yet complex flavors. Thanks for posting! Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game, 2013
This turned out to be one of my favorite discoveries for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef. The recipe makes a ton of sauce & I feel far more than the listed 4 servings. I had enough to use it several ways making lunches; the first with a combination of stir fried veggies as suggested by the recipe. Another day i spread a few tablespoons on flat naan bread and added toppings to make a Thai chicken pizza. My favorite though was stirring into noodles with cilantro, sesame seeds, and julienned veggies to make a cold noodle salad. I think it would be a nice dipping sauce option too for potstickers or spring rolls. I The recipe is in my keeper file. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
This was delicious! It's a bit higher in fat than I usually make, but worth it for a tasty treat. We used hot chili sauce instead of sweet. Used potatoes, carrots, zucchini and red peppers and served over brown rice. Thanks for this great recipe- it's a keeper. Update: I made this again, but this time used only the sauce for a Thai-inspired pizza and it was awesome. I used a whole grain crust, the sauce, red peppers, broccoli, shredded carrot, purple onion, red cabbage and just a touch of low fat swiss cheese. Yum, yum, yum. I just wanted to share a new idea for this recipe.