Recipe by Miraklegirl
I don't remember where I got this recipe.. It's a nice one though. Different and healthy- you can leave out the candied ginger if it's not your taste. Enjoy!
Top Review by Rita~
I think this would be a five star if we used just yogurt. Maybe made yogurt cheese and using it in place of the ricotta.I enjoyed the ginger in it. I used basil and a couple drops of Endorphine Rush beyond heat pepper sauce.I served this on nan and frsh crisp lettuce. Yes this is different!
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh soft cheese (farmer, ricotta, pot, goat or cottage)
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup mixed fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, dill or mint)
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 pita pocket bread or 4 wheat flour tortillas, sliced in half