1/1 Photo of Indian Samosa
1 hr 30 mins
Carol had asked for this in the forums, hope this helps:) This is a real "must have" in my house on a rainy day or when terribly hungry or even as an appetizer at parties. Please note that the potatoes, onions and green chillies listed in the Dough portion belong in the Filling portion of the recipe. Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes (boiled)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1Mix together the flour, oil and salt.
- 2Add a little water, until mixture becomes crumbly.
- 3Keep adding water, kneading the mixture till it becomes a soft pliable dough.
- 4Cover with a moist cloth and set aside for 20 minutes.
- 5Beat dough on a work surface and knead again.
- 6Cover and set aside.
- 8Heat 3 tbsp oil.
- 9Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and few coriander seeds.
- 10Stir fry for 1 minute, add onions and saute till light brown.
- 11Add cilantro (fresh coriander), lemon juice, turmeric, red chili, salt and garam masala.
- 12Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 13Add potatoes.
- 14Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 15Set aside and allow to cool.
- 16Divide dough into 10 equal portions.
- 17Use a rolling pin, roll a piece of dough into a 5" oval.
- 18Cut into 2 halves.
- 19Run a moist finger along the diameter.
- 20Roll around finger to make a cone.
- 21Place a tablespoon of the filling into the cone.
- 22Seal the third side using a moist finger.
- 23Deep fry the samosas on low to medium heat until light brown.
- 24Serve with tomato sauce or any chutney you love.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Samosa
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g