Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from some website. Easy to make and yummy. Ghee can be substituted by butter.
- 100 g plain flour (maida)
- 100 g fine semolina (rawa)
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 g ghee (clarified butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Sieve the flour.
- Sieve the semolina with a fine sieve.
- Cream the ghee and sugar very well until light and creamy.
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powders and cream again.
- Warm the saffron and dissolve in 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Add the curds, soda bi-carb and prepared saffron. Mix well.
- Add the flour and semolina and knead well. Form into small rounds.
- Arrange on a greased baking tin and bake in a moderate over at 300°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool and store.