Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one was in Good Housekeeping, October 2010, and is listed as Dr. Mehmet Oz's recipe. Adding here for safekeeping.
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- 4 shallots
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- In 18x12-inch jelly-roll pan, combine pumpkin, shallots, carrots, apple onion, garlci, olive oil, coriander, cumin, and turmeric, tossing to coat.
- Spread in single layer.
- Roast 30 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer mixture to blender.
- Add broth and coconut milk.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, or to taste.