Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sounds so boring that I tend to call it 'Indian Spiced Chicken' as it's a lot more descriptive of the recipe.......
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 150 ml oil
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1 inch gingerroot, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 -2 fresh chili pepper, very finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 500 g chicken portions (mix will do 4 but other amounts okay too)
- coriander leaves (to garnish) (optional)
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- Dry roast the almonds & coconut in frying pan until browned — but not burned & set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan & fry onion, stirring, until golden brown.
- Mix ginger, garlic, chillies, Garam Masala & salt with the yoghurt.
- Add the nuts & mix well.
- Add the onions, mix well & set side.
- Arrange chicken in ovenproof dish & spoon over the yoghurt mix.
- Oven 160O C for 35—45 mins.
- (Fan oven 140O C for 25—35 mins).
- Check juices run clear when chicken pierced with knife or skewer.
- Garnish with lemon wedges & coriander leaves.
- Serve with a salad.
- (If you don’t have fresh chillies use 1 – 2 tsp chilli powder.
- For a spicier dish, add more chilli, garlic & Garam Masala).