- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice, soy milk, coconut milk and sugar in saucepan, bring to a simmer over low heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is very soft.
- Add cardamom, salt, rose water, almonds and the cornstarch mixture and simmer for 5 minutes longer or until smooth and creamy.
- Stir, then taste and adjust seasoning in necessary.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.