Recipe by chia
another wintery dessert, full of flavor
Top Review by HisPixie
Tasty and easy. The consistency is surprising...but you get used to it. Mine didn't unmold; they fell apart so we just ate them out of the ramekins with some whipped cream. Maybe that's because I interpreted "medium power" on the microwave as 50%. I'm not sure what "medium power" should be.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- put butter in microwave dish for i minute, set aside.
- in 3 qt micro casserole combine milk, molasses, sugar, cornmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cover.
- cook on hi for 5-10 minutes until thickened, stirring once meanwhile beat eggs into melted butter, and add vanilla.
- add to casserole pan, stirring constantly.
- por into 6 ramekins and put in a circle in the microwave.
- cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes on medium.
- let stand 10 minutes.
- to serve, loosen with a knife and invert onto plates.