Recipe by CCLady
This is guaranteed to make your kitchen smell heavenly. It's best served warm - and if you want to top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, even better. You can substitute Mocha Mix for the milk if you have lactose problems.
Top Review by Exotic Desert
This is one of my favorite recipes. I have it all the time. However, I've found the batter tastes better than the baked outcome, so I've been eating that way. You can decide which you like better. Thanks CCLady so much for sharing.
- 4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (heaping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300º.
- Grease 2 quart ovenproof casserole.
- Mix cornmeal, sugar and spices.
- Heat 3 cups milk and molasses in medium size pot.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into hot mixture.
- Add butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened (about 10 minutes or so).
- Pour into casserole.
- Gently pour remaining cup of milk over the pudding; do not stir.
- Bake uncovered for 3 hours.