- 4 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsulphured molasses or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the soy milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and sprinkle in the cornmean while stirring.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into a lightly oiled oven-proof dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until browned and set.
- Serve warm.