Recipe by KGCOOK
This is an interesting desert. Very good and goes good with cold days and Thanksgiving.
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease crockpot.
- Preheat on HIGH setting for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix milk, cornmeal, and salt to a boil.
- Boil stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- In large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Gradually beat in the hot cornmeal mixture with an electric mixer or whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the preheated crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 2-3 hours or (on low for 6-8 hours).
- Spoon into serving dishes and serve warm with ice cream if desired.
- Double recipe for a 5 quart crockpot.