2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a traditional New England dessert. Served warm, with Hard Sauce or a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting on the top. I make this around Thanksgiving, but its great any time of year!(Posted by request)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In the top of a double boiler over direct heat, heat the milk to boiling.
- 3Stir in the corn meal.
- 4Place the milk/corn meal mixture over boiling water.
- 5Cook them for about 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in molasses and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in the butter, salt, ginger, sugar, egg, raisins, cinnamon and apples (if you are using them).
- 9Pour the batter into a well-greased baking dish.
- 10Bake the pudding from 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 11Pudding is usually served warm (or hot) with Hard Sauce.
- 12Its a New England custom to serve Indian Pudding with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream on the top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Pudding 2 (New England Corn Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 561.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g