Recipe by Divinemom5
Originates from New England,this is a custard-like pudding.
Top Review by lovindisney
My mother-in-law (who is from New England) told me how much she liked indian pudding, so I came here in search of a recipe. I made it for desert on Christmas day, and she loved it! I'd never had it before, but it reminded me a lot of pumpkin pie without the crust. Very good "New England" desert and I'll definately make it again. Thanks!
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk on saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low,slowly whisk in cornmeal.
- Whisking frequently,cook about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in small bowl,slowly whisk about 1 cup cornmeal mix into beaten eggs,gradually stir egg mixture back into hot cornmeal in saucepan.
- Add molasses,spices,soda and salt.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1 1/4 hours until sides are set,but center is still soft.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.