1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Originates from New England,this is a custard-like pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk on saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat to low,slowly whisk in cornmeal.
- 3Whisking frequently,cook about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Beat eggs in small bowl,slowly whisk about 1 cup cornmeal mix into beaten eggs,gradually stir egg mixture back into hot cornmeal in saucepan.
- 6Add molasses,spices,soda and salt.
- 7Stir until blended.
- 8Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 9Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1 1/4 hours until sides are set,but center is still soft.
- 10Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 148.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g