Recipe by **Jubes**
An easy curry using prawns. Gluten-free suitable but you need to check the spice blend and yogurt is also gluten-free
- 650 g peeled green prawns, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml basmati rice
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml plain Greek yogurt
- 118.29 ml coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place prawns in a bowl with garlic, ginger, spices, 2 teaspoons oil and some salt and pepper.
- Stir well to coat the prawns.Cover and marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Keep stirred. Removethe prawns and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the tomato. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until tomato is softened.
- Return prawns to the pan. Add the yoghurt and coriander, then warm through, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Season to taste, then serve with rice.