Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb potato, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- ground black pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- Par boil potatoes for 5 minutes, then add cauliflower and cook for a further 4 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in pan, then add spices.
- Cook for about 1 minute then add vegetables.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
This recipe made a lovely luncheon dish - we had this with whole wheat Roti's. Simple quick tasty dish The veggies turn golden from the tumeric and the touch of cumin compliments the dish.Thank-you kabrown
I just made this for dinner tonight with plans to reheat it then. I tasted it, and got out another pan and cooked off an onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli. I added this to the original mix, then about 1 teaspoon of salt and a handful of chopped cilantro. Now It tastes like I'd like it to. It's a great way to cook the potato and cauli, and the mushrooms make an excellent addition to it. Sorry I couldn't mark it higher.