Recipe by Pesto lover
I haven't tried this yet, but it sure sounds good. I will try it soon.
Top Review by AlainaF
Amazing! I used red skin potatoes and only used 2 chopped tomatoes, and substituted cayenne for the red chili powder, and it came out fantastic. The potatoes were cooked perfectly and the spices in this made it truly delicious. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dry coconut powder (dessicated coconut, ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil into skillet and add mustard and cumin seeds. When they start to sputter, add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peas and cook until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add potatoes, salt, red chile powder, coconut powder, turmeric and garam masala. Add 1/4 c water. Cook, covered, over med heat until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkled with cilantro leaves as garnish.