I haven't tried this yet, but it sure sounds good. I will try it soon.
Make and share this Indian Potatoes - Aloo Kurma recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dry coconut powder (dessicated coconut, ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Put oil into skillet and add mustard and cumin seeds. When they start to sputter, add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peas and cook until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add potatoes, salt, red chile powder, coconut powder, turmeric and garam masala. Add 1/4 c water. Cook, covered, over med heat until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkled with cilantro leaves as garnish.