Recipe by MarieRynr
These awesome little pancakes make a nice brunch item or an appetizer, or they can serve as one part of a more complex meal. Serve them topped with a dollop of nonfat yogurt or Mango Peach Chutney if desired.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated white potatoes, well packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala (or curry powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the potatoes, garam maslala or curry, salt, green onions and egg white. Warm a large nonstick skillet. Spray with cooking spray. Drop the potato batter by a scant 1/4 cup measure onto the skillet and gently flatten into a circle with a spatula. Make as many pancakes as will fit in your skillet, but leave enough room to flip them.
- cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Flip the pancakes over, cover and cook for 3 minutes on the second side. Then uncover, and cook until browned about 3 minutes longer.
- VARIATION: replace the white potatoes with sweet potatoes and use 2 egg whites.