1/1 Photo of Indian Potato Pancake Mix
The Spice Guru's Note:
This is my bulk recipe for quick and easy Indian potato pancakes. Aloo Tikki is a popular North Indian pan-fried potato cake. It makes a terrific snack or side dish when served with a coriander-mint yogurt sauce. Just mix 1 cup mixture with one egg and 1/2 cup milk... throw in fresh onion, cilantro or frozen peas if desired... then fry in butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups instant potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons dried chives
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1COMBINE all ingredients well; STORE airtight in a cool, dry place.
- 2TO PREPARE 4 - 5 SERVINGS: Shake instant potato pancake mix before opening. Into a small mixing bowl, add 1 cup of this dry mix.
- 3BEAT one egg with 1/2 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, then add to dry mix; STIR.
- 4LET stand 10 minutes.
- 5STIR again (if desired, stir in 1 tablespoon defrosted frozen peas and/or fresh chopped onion and minced cilantro).
- 6PLACE disposable kitchen gloves over each hand (to protect hands and nails from turmeric staining).
- 7SCOOP mixture using an ice cream scoop, into other hand; SHAPE into 4 - 5 one-inch-thick patties as shown in photo.
- 8PLACE patties onto a heated, buttered skillet over medium-low heat; FRY until golden brown; TURN and fry until other side is golden brown.
- 9DRAIN on paper towels.
- 10SERVE hot, with a coriander-mint chutney with or without plain yogurt and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Potato Pancake Mix
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 279.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g