Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. These little Indian spiced potato pancakes are packed with flavor. Combined with my homemade cilantro curry and yogurt sauce, it is a flavor party in your mouth.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, diced fairly small
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup cilantro (approximately 1 small bunch)
- 1 jalapeno (or 3 small green chilies)
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt (preferably Greek)
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in frying pan to medium heat.
- Mix Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, red bell peppers, green onions, egg, flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the cilantro, jalapeno, pistachios, lime juice and yogurt into a smooth consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- When oil is ready, use two tablespoons to make patties, smoothing one over the other, like making a cannelle. Drop into hot oil.
- Fry each side until golden brown. If doing in batches, you can keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- Plate them with sauce and enjoy!
Delicious!! I used half the cumin called for in the cakes and was out of cilantro, so I used fresh parsley and added a clove of garlic to the sauce. My jalapeno was kickin' hot but we really enjoyed the heat with these cakes. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Great flavors in these cakes (I used left over mashed potatoes). Easy to make and turned out wonderfully. Served with Butter Chicken. YUM.
YUMMMMY - i did omit the cilantro - I didnt have on hand and I used a bit of cajun seasoning instead of the jalapeno and WOW I love these! I make traditional polish/eastern european potato pancakes every other sunday...and now these as well. They're so good!!!!