Recipe by snickels
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. These little Indian spiced potato pancakes are packed with flavor. Combined with my homemade cilantro curry and yogurt sauce, it is a flavor party in your mouth.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, diced fairly small
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup cilantro (approximately 1 small bunch)
- 1 jalapeno (or 3 small green chilies)
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt (preferably Greek)
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan to medium heat.
- Mix Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, red bell peppers, green onions, egg, flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the cilantro, jalapeno, pistachios, lime juice and yogurt into a smooth consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- When oil is ready, use two tablespoons to make patties, smoothing one over the other, like making a cannelle. Drop into hot oil.
- Fry each side until golden brown. If doing in batches, you can keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- Plate them with sauce and enjoy!