1/1 Photo of Indian Potato Cakes (Aloo Tikki) With Cilantro Chutney Yogurt
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. These little Indian spiced potato pancakes are packed with flavor. Combined with my homemade cilantro curry and yogurt sauce, it is a flavor party in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced fairly small
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup cilantro (approximately 1 small bunch)
- 1 jalapeno (or 3 small green chilies)
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup yogurt (preferably Greek)
- salt, to taste
- 1Heat oil in frying pan to medium heat.
- 2Mix Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, red bell peppers, green onions, egg, flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 3In the meantime, blend the cilantro, jalapeno, pistachios, lime juice and yogurt into a smooth consistency.
- 4Add salt to taste.
- 5When oil is ready, use two tablespoons to make patties, smoothing one over the other, like making a cannelle. Drop into hot oil.
- 6Fry each side until golden brown. If doing in batches, you can keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- 7Plate them with sauce and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Potato Cakes (Aloo Tikki) With Cilantro Chutney Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes