This relish is a nice side dish with Indian chicken dishes. A prominent note in its flavor is that of ginger, so reduce the amount of ginger if you would like its flavor to be more subdued in this dish. A variation on this would be to use mangoes instead of the pineapple, if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple but reserve the juice, chop finely.
- 2Heat oil in a pan, and add mustard seeds immediately to it.
- 3As soon as it begins to sputter, add cumin and onion seeds.
- 4Add ginger and chilies and saute for about a minute until just aromatic.
- 5Add the pineapples, raisins, sugar and salt.
- 6Add 1 1/4 cups of pineapple juice (use the reserved juice and make it up to 1 1/4 cups using water if needed).
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Pineapple Relish
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 72.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: