Recipe by **Jubes**
An easy rice recipe to serve with any Indian curry dish. It's important to rinse the rice thoroughly and not skip the 30 minutes soaking time. From Cooking School India Cookbook
- 200 g basmati rice (7 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 400 ml water (14 fl oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the basmati rice for several changes of water, until the water runs clear.
- Leave the rice to soak for 30 minutes. Drain and then set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat the ghee in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the cardamons, cloves and peppercorns. Fry, stirring for one minute.
- Add the rice andstir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add theremaining ingredients to the rice mixture and reduce the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and leave to simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes, until all the water has evaporated.
- Transfer the rice to a large, warmed serving dish and serve hot.