1/1 Photo of Indian - Pilau Rice
An easy rice recipe to serve with any Indian curry dish. It's important to rinse the rice thoroughly and not skip the 30 minutes soaking time. From Cooking School India Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the basmati rice for several changes of water, until the water runs clear.
- 2Leave the rice to soak for 30 minutes. Drain and then set aside until ready to cook.
- 3Heat the ghee in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- 4Add the cardamons, cloves and peppercorns. Fry, stirring for one minute.
- 5Add the rice andstir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- 6Add theremaining ingredients to the rice mixture and reduce the heat.
- 7Cover the saucepan and leave to simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes, until all the water has evaporated.
- 8Transfer the rice to a large, warmed serving dish and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian - Pilau Rice
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: