Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you've ever taken a whiff of fenugreek seeds right out of the packet, you know they have a bitter-sweet, caramel or maple aroma that translates into their unique flavour. Boiled until soft, sweetened and strained, they become a rich, delicious syrup perfect for your weekend morning pancakes!
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3⁄4 cup fenugreek seeds (AKA Methi)
- 3⁄4 cup amber honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon stevia (2 tiny scoops)
- Combine the water and fenugreek seeds in a saucepan. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Bring pot of water and seeds to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, until seeds are soft.
- Strain into a bowl and stir in honey and stevia.
- Pour into bottles and store in the pantry up to 3 weeks or in the fridge up to 2 months.