Recipe by riffraff
I found this on an Indian webpage sans the name. Feel free to add anything to the omelet that you like.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
This might not be considered gourmet fare, but it's wholesome, quick and easy to make, and very tasty, which makes it a five in my book. I've made it two days in a row. Yesterday I followed the directions using dried onion, chilli flakes and cilantro, and everything else as listed. Today I stir fried some red onion to which I added 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp cilantro powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp curry powder and a 1/4 tsp of turmeric. When the onion had softened I added the mixture to the eggs and cream, and made the omelet. I used vine-ripened tomatoes and grated tasty (sharp)cheese. Thank you for a great recipe I'm sure to make again.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 fresh chili pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 4 slices bread (I use whole grain)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sliced tomatoes
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, onion, milk, chili pepper, cilantrom salt and pepper.
- Using a non stick pan make an omelet as you normally would.
- Butter each slice of bread.
- Fill each pair of bread with sliced tomatoes, half the omelet and a slice of cheese.