Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on an Indian webpage sans the name. Feel free to add anything to the omelet that you like.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 fresh chili pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 4 slices bread (I use whole grain)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sliced tomatoes
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Beat together eggs, onion, milk, chili pepper, cilantrom salt and pepper.
- Using a non stick pan make an omelet as you normally would.
- Butter each slice of bread.
- Fill each pair of bread with sliced tomatoes, half the omelet and a slice of cheese.
This might not be considered gourmet fare, but it's wholesome, quick and easy to make, and very tasty, which makes it a five in my book. I've made it two days in a row. Yesterday I followed the directions using dried onion, chilli flakes and cilantro, and everything else as listed. Today I stir fried some red onion to which I added 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp cilantro powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp curry powder and a 1/4 tsp of turmeric. When the onion had softened I added the mixture to the eggs and cream, and made the omelet. I used vine-ripened tomatoes and grated tasty (sharp)cheese. Thank you for a great recipe I'm sure to make again.